Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Today's Dr. Visit

After my pepto incident, my primary dr. referred me back to the allergist to have some sort of sulfur desensitization done. Well, though some of my web searches, I didn't think that was possible, but I'm not a dr. so, I figured maybe there is something he could do. So, today I went there and it was so disappointing because all he kept saying to me was, "Well, you know more about this than I do" and that there is no desensitization that can be done. Now, if you've ever had a dr. tell you that, it's actually a scary thing to hear. But, he did give me the name of a doctor who works at St. Luke's Hospital in Manhattan who specialized in chemical allergies. Then, he said again, "But, I'm not sure how much he can help you" then "oh and I don't think he takes insurance either" So, I tried to look him up and found nothing.

So, I asked him questions about if my allergy may progress and he said, "Well, I really don't know. The more you expose yourself, the worse your allergy will get. But, who knows maybe you'll gro out of it." I highly doubt that if my allergy has kept progressing since I was 17 to now at 33. But, I'm hoping for anything at this point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is a sad happening. I have doctors almost kill me, then apologise because they didn't fully understand my allergy :(